Within this role you will join the HR Team as an Assistant, providing full administrative support to the team to offer a value-added service which promotes a one-team culture and supporting the team in all administration duties and project work, including reporting and Payroll, ensuring accurate employee information is recorded on the systems.
You will become one of the team’s experts in the new starter and leaver process, payroll co-ordination, and all administrative tasks. For the right applicant the company would be willing to fund CIPD training and envisage the applicant will progress to a qualified HR professional role.
- Manage end-to-end on-boarding and leaver processes, including contracts and offer letter drafting, reference checking, data recording ensuring new starter catch ups and exit interviews are carried out and suggesting more efficient ways of working.
- Focus on service delivery for new joiners, ensuring inductions, right to work checks, IT access, desk assessments, and full onboarding process is managed and accurately recorded, including probation reminders, and providing managers with support.
- Key person responsible for updating working databases, which includes adding all new joiners on a regular basis and updating information to ensure employee data is 100% accurate and up to date.
- Responsible for preparing HR documents such as salary & promotion letters, variation of contract letters, visa documents.
- Liaise with line managers regarding employee’s probationary period; if extended, attend an extension meeting with the line manager and issue a letter of extension.
- Collaborate with the IT team to ensure new joiner and IT access is prepared before the new joiner starts.
- Raising POs.
- Conduct new starter catch ups and exit interviews, offering insight on key themes on a monthly basis.
- Support the Payroll Manager to ensure all information is submitted for monthly payroll in a timely manner and responsible for full administration duties around monthly payroll and benefits checking.
- Ensure all policies are updated, including employee handbook.
- Provide guidance on all benefits administration.
- Preparing periodic research and reports such as weekly new starter and leaver/monthly reports, monthly holiday reports, as well as ad hoc reports requested.
- Respond to all employees queries promptly and in line with best practice.
- Support the HR team on all ad-hoc HR and Payroll requests, and projects.
- Strong literacy in IT systems, including proficiency in Excel: data reporting, vlookups and conditional formatting.
- You need to be comfortable in a fast-paced environment - you need to react quickly and efficiently to changing priorities.
- You need to be creative in the way you solve problems - think differently and challenge the norm.
- You will be articulate and a clear communicator, both written and verbal.
- You should feel comfortable discussing work to colleagues.
- You should be a ‘Non-Smoker’.
Please send your CV to Emma to be considered for this role.
- Hours of Work: Monday to Thursday 9.00am to 5.30pm and 9.00 to 4.30 Friday – With one lunch hour.
- Holidays: Under 3 years service: 26 days – Over 3 years service: 28 days – plus bank holidays.
- Community Projects Leave
- Compassionate Leave
- Pension and Life Assurance
- Private Healthcare Scheme
- Eyecare Policy
- Evening Class Assistance
- Company Suggestion Scheme
- Health Assured EAP
Headstart Employment is an Equal Opportunity Employer