£22.48 per hour
The Licensing team deal with over thirty different types of licences or registrations. These cover a range of activities from the supply by retail of alcohol, gambling, street trading and the provision of beauty treatments as well as others.
- Carry out compliance visits of premises to determine suitability for the grant, transfer or renewal of a licence and to report upon and advise upon these finding for a range of licensable activities administered by the Licensing Team.
- Investigate complaints and to follow up on enquiries about licensing matters. To assess the situation and to initiate appropriate action in accordance with the Council’s enforcement policy.
- Collate and prepare reports for submission before the Licensing Sub-Committee and to work and assist Democratic Services in their preparation to organise a hearing for contested licence applications.
- Case manage enquiries, representations and statutory objections made in connection with licence applications. As part of the case management function the officer shall ensure all necessary administration functions, carried out by the administration support for the Licensing Team, has been carried out and that all interested parties both internal and external have been correctly informed within statutory requirements.
- Ensure information and work undertaken in connection with the duties expected of an officer of the Licensing Authority is formally recorded on the central computer database (Civica Flare and M3 Northgate).
- Prepare and present reports, witness statements and to collate evidence for submission to hearings before the Licensing Sub-Committee, Magistrates and Crown Courts where applications are contested or subject to an appeal.
- Carry out, out of hours during performance visits of licensed premises in accordance with the needs of the service.
Key Skills Required:
- Maintain an awareness of and expertise in current licensing legislation and to become and remain a member of the Institute of Licensing. To share experience, offer guidance and support to other officers within the Licensing Team. To offer help and guidance to officers of the Council based in other departments on licensing matters.
- Have an excellent in depth knowledge of the regulations relating to P.A.C.E (Police and Criminal Evidence Act) R.I.P.A (Regulatory of Investigatory Powers Act) CPIA (Criminal Procedures Investigation Act) and be capable of conducting investigations and interviews accordingly.
Headstart Employment is an Equal Opportunity Employer