Housing Support Worker
This post holder will work across multiple hub and satellite supported housing projects in the London Borough of Sutton.
The Housing Support Worker has responsibility for:
- Leading and coordinating the support for allocated clients.
- Ensuring referrals and managed in a timely fashion
- Responding to emerging issues from all clients, contributing to their ongoing support and dealing with incidents.
- Providing practical and personal support to clients in a way that is approachable, engaging, flexible and caring.
- Working together with clients to identify their personal aims and ambitions, and support them to make and carry out plans towards achieving them.
- Ensuring the client can identify and access relevant services.
- Liaising with other statutory and voluntary agencies to ensure the appropriate support for clients.
- Working as part of a team responsible for the day to day management of the housing, and alongside clients, to provide a high quality, positive and safe place to live.
- Undertaking a range of procedural and administrative tasks relating to client work, housing management and health and safety, in line with policies and procedures, and in compliance with legal requirements.
- Helping vulnerable people to identify personal goals and supporting them through a process of change.
- Managing complex and difficult situations in relation to people.
- Liaising with and co-ordinating the work of a number of individuals and/or agencies to achieve effective outcomes.
- Personal experience of homelessness or a sound understanding of the issues faced by homeless or vulnerably housed people and the difficulties they experience in accessing services that are fully responsive to their needs.
- Using a range of computer software applications, including databases and Microsoft Office.
- Maintaining effective records and using office systems/procedures.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to maintain enthusiasm for a high level of contact with clients on a day to day basis and a non-judgemental approach to working with homeless people.
- Understanding of the support needs of people with low incomes, including rent payments/arrears and professional boundary issues.
- Excellent written and spoken English with the ability to communicate effectively using telephone, face to face, written and electronic methods.
For further details please call Maxine on 0208 642 9333 or email your CV.
Headstart Employment is an Equal Opportunity Employer