Hospital Patient Catering Assistant
Within this role you will assist in the provision and maintenance of a high quality, hygienic and customer responsive service by providing general catering duties for the department. This will involve being responsible for patient meal service, cleaning, food trolley transportation, regeneration of food (cook freeze wards), menu card reading and stores support. We are seeking individual who understands compliance with all Food safety requirements, and ensures all policies and procedures are strictly adhered to.
Duties will include:
- Maintains a safe and secure environment by ensuring high cleaning standards.
- Responsible for keeping all cleaning equipment and stores in a clean and tidy condition.
- Ensures the kitchen is maintained, i.e. stock rotation, recording fridge temperatures, defrosting fridge/freezers etc.
- Prepares food such as vegetables for the cook or chef as required
- Loads meals onto trolleys in readiness for wards and other parts of the hospital
- Ensures all meals are delivered to necessary wards in a timely manner and in compliance with all regulations.
- Hygiene is a priority, ensuring that all tables and work surfaces are clear & clean.
- Ensures rubbish is regularly removed from areas and in the correct waste streams.
- Ensures all food is stored safely and at the correct legal temperatures.
- Ensures all equipment is washed correctly and where permitted with the use of a dishwasher.
- Promptly and accurately completes due diligence and other food safety documentation.
- Undertakes cleaning duties including floors, wall surfaces and equipment adhering to COSHH guidelines.
- Works safely always giving due consideration for the safety of others and the environment.
- Prepared to work in a chilled environment & willing to work in hot, noisy conditions.
- Food safety level 2 preferred, must be available to undertake mandatory training at short notice to comply with food safety.
- Standing mostly with manual handling & some bending / stretching / heavy lifting required.
- Has a good level of both written and spoken English skills with an excellent attention to detail.
- Good standard of numeracy, understands principles of stocktake and stock control.
- A strong communicator, who can easily interact with customers and team members.
- Enthusiastic and Conscientious.
- Diligent and committed.
- A flexible approach, and "can do attitude" together with the ability to self-prioritise will be required.
For further information please call Lucy on 0208 642 9333 or email your CV ASAP.
Headstart Employment is an Equal Opportunity Employer