Hospital Portering Assistant – Waste
This is an essential role in maintaining the smooth running of a hospital environment, you will be required to move waste and respond to requests under tight time restraints. We are looking for individual who have a sound working knowledge of all waste portering tasks and response times.
Duties will include:
- Collection and correct disposal of clinical, domestic and recycling waste in line with policies and procedures whilst ensuring the security, cleanliness and tidiness of all external waste handling / storage areas, some of which may be hazardous.
- Collection / delivery of equipment and furniture to / from any location within the location.
- Undertake any ad-hoc duties as directed by the supervision and management team.
- Report any safety deficiencies, incidents, near misses, ill health and environmental incidents to the manager, and ensure company safety arrangements and procedures are always followed.
- Bring any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided to the attention of the Manager.
- Communicate effectively with all the teams to ensure there is a seamless way of working across the contract.
- Works safely always giving due consideration for the safety of others and the environment.
- Compliant with Portering dress code and uniform procedure whilst on duty.
- Able to provide a customer focused service.
- Has basic knowledge of Health and Safety at work guidelines such as manual handling as some manual handling and bending / stretching / heavy lifting required.
- Has a good level of both written and spoken English skills.
- A strong communicator, who can easily interact with customers and team members.
- Supports the helpdesk service as well as covering help desk breaks and shifts.
- Enthusiastic and Conscientious.
- Diligent and committed.
- A flexible approach, and "can do attitude" together with the ability to self-prioritise will be required
- Acts calmly and quickly in emergencies or in the face of conflicting demands.
- Ability to operate smartphones and radios.
- Communicates sensitively with patients and their families, with the ability to cope well with sickness, death and distress.
For further information please call Lucy on 0208 642 9333 or email your CV ASAP.
Headstart Employment is an Equal Opportunity Employer