Senior Electrician/Multi-Trade Operative
£28,000 - £32,000 per annum
40 hours per week
The role will involve site visits in and around the M25.
Applicants must have all updated training documents.
This role will be to carry out and lead on all electrical repairs, inspections and testing jobs, multi-trade planned and reactive general maintenance and repair works as directed by the Operations Manager.
Main Tasks and Responsibility
- To provide high quality electrical repairs, inspections and testing in line with policies and procedures and in accordance with industry standards.
- To undertake and oversee all works and multi-trade activity as instructed and supervise junior staff.
- To be available and responsible should the need arise for emergency calls.
- To maintain accurate records of work undertaken and time taken on a daily basis using approved company processes.
- To carry out job specific risk assessments and method statements; report findings and justifications to Operations/Contract Manager and complete all necessary paperwork to record assessments made.
- To ensure that all works is carried out in accordance with the appropriate risk assessments and method statements.
- To determine and assess equipment and material requirements for jobs and complete purchase orders and all other paperwork necessary for resources required to carry out work to be obtained in good time.
- To arrange with suppliers for the purchase and safe delivery of materials/equipment required for work at site, follow up when necessary and make arrangements for safe and secure storage of supplies and equipment.
- Liaise with customers, where necessary, to arrange appointments and times for access to carry out works.
- Ensure that all work carried out conforms to standards set in the Quality Assurance System and Safe Contractor Accreditation.
- To provide operational/ technical guidance and support to junior staff, and project lead on jobs.
- On completion of work, price up and prepare detailed job sheets for pricing approval by the Operations/Contract Manager.
- To drive a company vehicle and operate plant in connection with operational duties.
- 18th edition – BS7671 or equivalent
- C&G Level 3 2365 or equivalent
- C&G 2391 or equivalent
- Valid ECS,CSCS or JIB would also be beneficial
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in trade as fully qualified electrician
- Strong computer/IT and administrative skills
- Conversant with MS windows
- Extensive planned and reactive building maintenance experience
- Additional trade skills i.e. plumbing, carpentry
- Must have clean driving license – position is mobile across sites
For further information please call Gerry on 0208 642 9333 or email your CV.
Headstart Employment is an Equal Opportunity Employer