Pensions Assistant (Delivery)
Temporary 3 Month Contract
£11.75 per hour
Within this role you will maintain knowledge and perform the calculation or checking of all aspects of Pension work in line with the relevant legislation and procedures, whilst ensuring accurate records are maintained.
- Deliver core service activities under the close supervision of a more senior member of staff.
- Manage the resolution of complex customer complaints/issues within area of expertise, escalating where appropriate.
- Drive and operate heavy plant machinery or specialist equipment.
- Maintain regular communication with other internal or external service providers to ensure efficient and coordinated service delivery.
- Create and populate basic databases to hold and manage information and service information to support senior officers in managing the service.
- Allocate tasks and review the work more junior team members to ensure work is delivered to time and quality standards.
- Procure goods and services within financial limits using purchasing systems and rules.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge of the Regulations governing a Local Government Pension Scheme
- Able to use appropriate information technology system
- Able to calculate Local Government pension calculations
- Able to follow detailed procedures and contribute to their maintenance
- Able to communicate effectively
- Able to carry out a variety of administrative duties with a high degree of accuracy
- Able to organise and take responsibility for own workload and meet tight deadlines
Headstart Employment is an Equal Opportunity Employer