Coroner's Resource Officer
Temporary Contract: £15.38 per hour
Within this role you will provide administrative and court support to HM Coroner, Clerk to Coroner and Metropolitan Police Coroner’s officers for the South London Coroner’s consortium to enable HM Coroner to deliver a high quality coronial service.
We are looking for an individual with:
- Knowledge of the Coronial system and the law relating to the Coroner’s service.
- Good oral communication skills.
- Telephone, written and face to face skills needed when dealing with bereaved persons or families.
- Ability to keep accurate and up-to-date records.
- Ability to use computer systems – searching for data and updating records.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Excellent customer care skills.
- Ability to use windows-based software applications for word processing and simple databases.
- The ability to work in a stressful environment- where bereaved families are present and where deadlines may be subject to change at very short notice.
- Computer literate with proficient IT skills in MS Word and Excel and previous experience of database input and interrogation
- Ability to make clear decisions based on information and knowledge, taking into account risk assessment and impact on others.
- Experience of working with the public by telephone, in writing and in person (in a sensitive environment).
- Ability to deal confidentially with various documents, files, certificates and information concerning inquest files and inquest hearings.
- Experience of administrative tasks within an office environment.
- Experience of dealing with legal and medical professionals and of working in a legal or medical environment
- Experience of updating websites
Headstart Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer