My client a privately owned international, multi-disciplined electrical & mechanical contractor who have been trading successfully for over 55 years are interested to speak to a passionate BIM Coordinator to join their family. Due to their recent growth and continuing expansion into Europe, an exciting opportunity has come available for an experienced BIM Coordinator to join their team working on several prestigious projects across London. This is a rare chance for a to join a company that offers a structured long term career path with a great chance to take on more challenging roles and projects. As BIM Coordinator you will be joining their M&E co-ordination team primarily office based producing a 3D coordinated M&E services model and subsequent 2D construction drawings.
BIM Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Liaising and coordinating with their Engineers, Design Teams and 3rd party contractors
- Chair Weekly Coordination Meetings and Breakout Workshops with their Engineers
- Comply with the BIM Execution Plan (BEP) standards, and specific plans for each project
- Comply with company BIM and CAD Standards.
- Production of weekly Updates of the Navisworks Model and issue Clash Detection Reports.
- Provide input into weekly project reports including timesheets, percentages complete
- The production of fully annotated and coordinated 2D Builderworks Drawings (BWIC) and Services Drawings.
- The production of “As Built” drawings and input to Operational & Maintenance File.
BIM Coordinator Profile:
- Level 7 degree in an Engineering discipline
- Trade background. Electrician, Plumber, Fitter
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in BIM Coordinator Role
- ‘Autodesk AutoCAD’
- ‘Autodesk Revit’.
- ‘Autodesk Navisworks’
- Management experience desirable
- 3D coordination of M&E systems (pipework, ventilation, containment, lighting, sprinkler & Plant) for a large contractor.
- Creating 2D construction issue drawings.
- Able to reading Architectural and M&E drawings.
- Chairing coordination meetings.
- Core construction discipline desirable (Architectural, Engineering or MEP)
- Experience of working on projects in BIM valued at over £1m
- ‘Autodesk Fabrication MEP’.
- ‘Solibri Model Checker’
BIM Coordinator Package:
On offer is a base salary of £50,000 + PA + Bonus + BUPA + Pension
If you are interested to confidentially discuss this opportunity please feel free to email or call me.