Salary £65,000 + per annum
Our client is seeking a Finance Manager to join their finance team based near Crawley. The ideal candidate will be a driven individual, with at least 5 years experience in a management position and ACCA/ACA qualified. Previous experience within the aviation industry would be highly desirable.
Purpose of Role:
- To manage all aspects of the Finance Department and to ensure the Company contributes to the achievement of the organisation’s goals.
- To provide financial reports to management to enable them to monitor the business and make effective decisions.
- To safeguard the assets of the organisation, most notably cash and debtors.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide management reports to the Directors and Parent Company on a monthly basis in line with deadlines set.
- Seek to improve the quality and usefulness of reports on an ongoing basis.
- Assist management in maximising profits by identifying opportunities to cut costs.
Management of cash flow & authorisation of payments:
- Ensure adequate cash flow for the ongoing needs of the organisation by ensuring debts are recovered and payments are made to suppliers on time utilising credit terms as far as possible.
- Check and sign all payments to ensure their validity, correctness and to limit the organisations exposure to risk as far as possible.
Accounts Payable Management:
- Ensure invoices are authorised appropriately, processed timeously and accurately.
- Ensure VAT is accounted for correctly.
- Ensure third party and inter co-creditors are paid within terms, but taking advantage of credit terms provided.
- Ensure the weekly creditors report is completed for senior management on a weekly basis.
- Ensure department heads and brokers are provided with their relevant creditors reports weekly.
- Ensure all sales invoices are raised timeously and accurately.
- Ensure third party debts and Interco debts are recovered within terms and any disputes are resolved timeously.
- Ensure the weekly debtors report is completed for senior management on a weekly basis.
- Ensure department heads and brokers are provided with their relevant debtor reports weekly.
- Ensure all relevant preparations are made for VAT returns to required timescales and ensuring full compliance with VAT regulations
- Prepare or review the audit file on a yearly basis.
- Assist auditors as required to ensure the audit progresses smoothly to required timescales and the auditors are furnished with all necessary documentation and explanations.
- Build strong, productive relationships with internal customers (Group Board, Management, Internal Departments) as well as external customers and suppliers (the bank, auditors etc.) to ensure our business objectives are achieved.
- Manage all members of the team and ensure they are meeting their individual objectives and department objectives as a whole. Ensure their overall development in the best interests of the department and the organisation.
- Ensure staff comply with the policies and procedures relevant to the finance department.
- Seek to improve the running of the department on an ongoing basis.
- Cultivate productive relationships within the accounts team and ensure all members of the team are working towards the goals of the department and organisation.
- Participate in conference calls to ensure effective sharing of information and full awareness of others in the Finance Team and other offices.
- Keep up to date with activities of other Finance Managers using the appropriate network of communication.
- Treat sensitive data with care and in a confidential and professional manner.
- Provide leadership by example and hands-on support to Finance Staff
- Foster a highly collaborative, commercial approach to inter-company business encouraging greater communication at all levels.
- Positively communicate Finance strategies outlined by the Directors to the team.
- Lead and inspire Managers to provide mentoring, training and development of team members, whilst fostering an open, team spirited business culture.
- Maintains a calm disposition and positive outlook particularly when working under pressure.
- High Degree of computer literacy including Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook & Power Point.
- A strong team player and the ability to lead a Finance team.
- Ability to pro-actively find solutions to issues and problems using all resources available and manage the situation until the problem is fully resolved.
- Adaptable and responds well to change
- Fully qualified accounting qualification ACCA / ACA with 5+ years PQE
• 5+ years of management experience
Headstart Employment is an Equal Opportunity Employer