Technical Support Officer - Section 106 and Community Infrastructure Levy (Spatial Planning)
Temporary Contract (3 Months)
£13.31 per hour
The purposes of this role will be to support the Council’s Section 106 management, monitoring, recovery and assignment function, and to support the Council’s Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) charging authority function (CIL management, monitoring, recovery and assignment).
Duties will include:
- Support the setting of the Section 106 Framework Group’s meeting agendas.
- Ensure the Council’s Uniform IT Planning System (or equivalent) is up to date in terms of monitoring Section 106 agreements that are extant, entered into, payment triggers and payments received.
- Ensure the Council’s Section 106 contributions monitoring is up to date at the point Section 106 agreements are entered into.
- Ensure the Council’s Section 106 contribution claw-back monitoring is up to date for extant Section 106 agreements and at the point Section 106 agreements are entered into.
- Ensure the Council’s Section 106 Balance Sheet is updated monthly to reflect income received and assigned.
- Ensure the Section 106 Framework Group’s Section 106 recovery monitoring is updated on a monthly basis, including monitoring the point Section 106 payment triggers have been met and support the implementation of the recovery process.
- Support the implementation of the Section 106 recovery process for the tasks that are the responsibility of the Planning and Strategic Transport Directorate.
- Support the supply of documentation and evidence to Legal Services and Corporate Debt Recovery for Section 106 income recovery.
- Support responding to enquires and freedom of information requests regarding Section 106 management, monitoring, recovery and assignment.
- Understanding of planning process.
- Understanding of legislation and regulations related to Section 106 and CIL.
- Understanding of infrastructure planning.
- Understanding of the operation of local government
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Writing: display general level of ability in letter & report writing; exhibit a clear & comprehensible writing style in line with Plain English principles (A-C GSCE English or equivalent)
- Numerically competent (A-C GSCE Mathematics or equivalent)
- High ability to utilise technologies (Microsoft Office Software) in a planned and programmed manner
- Ability to read and scale drawings
- Ability to understand legislation and regulations
- Time/priority management: developing ability and understanding of techniques
- Ability to work under pressure
- Methodical and attention to detail
- Logical thinker and ability to analyse and weigh issues
Headstart Employment is an Equal Opportunity Employer