Temporary Accommodation Officer
Temporary (6 Months)
£15.11 per hour
Will be required to work past 5pm, 1 to 2 times per week, as and when the duty rota requires
Within this role you will work with a team of Officers to place homeless singles and families into emergency accommodation, ensuring all statutory requirements are met. Also to end the duty to provide accommodation as and when required. You will ensure that nominations are made to approved accommodation providers and other housing agencies within specified time periods, and that nominations comply with individual organizations’ lettings criteria. homelessness legislation and policies.
- To deal with issues relating to the letting of properties including property-related refusals and requests for repairs, ensuring that refusals for reasons are well documented and reported to the appropriate source.
- To identify additional accommodation resources, including liaising with the Environmental Health and planning departments about required consents and accommodation standards.
- Mediate with emergency accommodation providers concerning the conduct of residents, arranging other accommodation or terminating bookings as agreed.
- Carrying out/facilitating visits and inspections to review health and safety features and standards of accommodation as required
- Securing properties through effective links with providers, negotiating to secure and maximise the availability of emergency and temporary accommodation.
- To arrange for the storage of households’ furniture and possessions when necessary.
- Participating in the development and management of effective procedures and systems for the overall supply acquisition and termination of accommodation used.
- To maintain accurate records of all households needing to be housed, so that accommodation can be allocated equitably, and to ensure that all necessary manual and IT recording systems are updated as necessary, and to produce reports and statistics as required relating to the provision of accommodation for homeless households.
- Monitoring the contractual arrangements with external partners and ensuring that performance is measured in line with set key performance indicators and reviewed regularly.
- Ensuring that the accommodation used complies with the law and policies in relation to equal opportunities and customer care.
Headstart Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer