Senior Support Admin
Temporary Contract (Minimum 2 Months)
£9.79 per hour
The purpose of this role will dealing with a back log of work and supporting a team who look after the directors. To deliver high quality, cost effective and timely business support service to the wider Committee and Management Services Support Team. To deliver specific subject matter expertise in administering management support directly for Strategic Directors and Assistant Directors.
- Experience of using IT in a business environment, including Google Chrome, Gmail, Google Docs, Google Spreadsheets, Word, Excel and other software packages and a willingness to learn and adapt to the use of new technology;
- Experience of communicating in person, by telephone and in writing with Councillors, MPs, Senior Officers, external organisations and members of the public;
- A proven record of providing administrative support to senior managers and a good understanding of the roles of senior officers and elected members in a political environment;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to draft and maintain high quality, accurate and legible correspondence and minutes;
- A commitment to providing a professional, customer-focused approach to service delivery in a variety of situations in order to meet the challenging priorities of the role;
- Able to work on own initiative without immediate supervision, to manage and prioritise workloads and to meet deadlines in a busy and challenging environment;
- Understanding of confidentiality issues and how these are observed and maintained;
- A commitment to taking an innovative approach to service delivery.
Headstart Employment is an Equal Opportunity Employer