Rent Arrears Recovery Officer
** Must have DBS **
Temporary Contract (Minimum 3 Months)
£18.50 per hour
- To assist the Finance Team Leaders & Rent Arrears Income Recovery Lead officers with all aspects of debt recovery across the full range of services as appropriate in accordance with agreed recovery and debt collection policies
- To have the ability to learn/have specialist knowledge on the legislation, policy and guidelines for recovery enforcement for a wide range of debt types.
- To ensure that requirements to constrain the growth of rent arrears are met by prompt and efficient recovery actions in accordance with the pre action protocol, set procedures and good practice guidelines. Using a high degree of personal responsibility and with a minimum of supervision.
- Carrying out a range of tasks associated with Housing rent collection including temporary accommodation, Adult Social Care Personal budget income, and Sundry debt recovery and enforcement process, which could include attendance at Court in the absence of the Rent Arrears Income Recovery Lead officer.
- Liaises with Customers and their Representatives, External and Internal Stakeholders to effectively resolve enquires and provide comprehensive advice and assistance in writing, and face to face.
- Provides a service by efficiently resolving telephone enquiries
Headstart Employment is an Equal Opportunity Employer